Thursday 10 October 2013

Alexander McCall Forrester

First of all I must apologize for my long absence from this blog. The rest of life sort of took over and the very good summer also meant I spend more time in our garden. The other reason is that I'm beginning to exhaust the gravestones in the graveyard. Almost all of them have been recorded and it's hard to find ones that haven't featured here before. But this one hasn't and here is the full text of the stone:

Sacred
to the memory of
the Reverend
Alexander McCall Forrester
for 46 years minister of
the parish of West Linton
born 15th June 1800
died 9th April 1883
also of
Janet Cowan
his wife
born 12th January 1804
died 17th April 1892.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Gosh, I totally understand, I am way behind in my blogging visits.
I will take a few moments and catch up here.
hugs,
Terri